Saturday, September 10, 2011


Hello! Long rough week....over 1000 people came through the funeral home. What a testimony to how many lives my step mom has touched! Now the real hard part starts...learning to live with out her being physically present. Its gonna be a big adjustment for my Dad and I worry about him. But he is a strong man of faith so it is a blessing to know he won't be going through it "alone".
I was just itching to craft as it is my stress reliever. Even though I was exhausted I went and made a card last night. I used a Sizzix embossing folder that I hadn't tried yet. I ran it thru the Big shot with several shades of green and trimmed out the various layers to get what I wanted. I sponged some white ink for the center. I also sponged some ink around the edges of each layer. I really like how it turned out. Wasn't so sure when I got the folder what I was going to use it for. Now I am glad I got it.
I got a pleasant surprise the other day when I was checking Facebook on my phone. I looked and saw a card that looked familiar on the Denami Designs Blog. Upon closer inspection I realized it was mine! They posted my blog for the day with the little hot air balloon card I made. Made me smile! It also couldn't have lifted my spirits at a more perfect time!! Thanks Denami!!
Going to a used stamp sale today with a few of my buddies then hanging out later with my Dad for pizza. See you soon!

1 comment:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi there~
Luv your card, pretty green and great embossing too... Sorry to hear about your SM.....
You have such a pretty blog page and those pooches are so cute....