Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hi! It's a wonderful day today! Why? Because it's my birthday and I'm being taken out for lunch! Yummy! My daughter informed me that I'm not over the hill yet but it's coming close! She called me a midnight last night to sing me Happy Birthday. Scared me though at first when I saw the caller ID. Thought something was wrong!
Last night a friend & I took a class on a technique that I have never done. It was using gold leaf. It was fun! I came home & played a little and this is what I came up with. It is very shiny & sparkly in real life but can't get it to show up in the picture. I used a brass stencil to apply the glue for the flower. The side punch is a Martha Stewart punch and the small swirls & flowers are from an EK Success punch. Added a little silver glitter to the middle of the tiny flowers. It still needed a little something so I added the black button to tie it all together.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!

No comments: