Wednesday, April 28, 2010


Hello! Hope today is a great day for you so far! I skipped Weight Watchers this morning. I just couldn't face that scale! I have gained back about 7 lbs of what I have lost. I am an emotional eater so when stuff bugs me I reach for the cookies or candy. I HAVE to get back on track or all my hard work will be down the drain. I'm going to try really hard this week and see if I can turn myself around.
Today's card was made with a stamp I bought at our local convention this past weekend. It is by Lorilies Designs. I paper pieced her hat & her stole. I also popped up her flowers and added a gem to each for a little accent. The corner flowers were made with my Nellie Snellen punches. I love those and think I will use them a lot!
So, apparently my "bird friend" is a brown headed cowbird. From what I read they are not the nicest of birds. They lay their eggs in other birds nests and leave the raising of their babies to the owner of the nest. Hopefully our bird has moved on. We have had quite a bit of rain the last few days and I haven't seen or heard him. Fingers crossed that he found someone else's car to peck on!
Have a great day & Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Danni said...

This is an adorable card! So sweet!
I'm sure you can get back on track, remember you're human and the best thing to do is not beat yourself up!

Angelwood said...

How cute is this kitty! Adorable card and I love your flowers.

ps. I can so relate to your post today... ugh! :o) hugs, Angela